Blazers' Roy to miss next four games with groin injury
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy will miss the next four games because of a groin injury.
Roy, an All-Star reserve, was injured in Tuesday night's 102-82 victory at home over the Washington Wizards. He did not travel with the Blazers for Thursday night's 111-95 loss against the Golden State Warriors.
The team said Roy would be re-evaluated after the four games. The second-year guard averages a team-high 19.3 points and 5.8 assists.
Forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who missed the game against the Wizards with a sprained right ankle, did travel to Oakland, Calif., for Thursday night's game and his availability was a game-time decision.
The Trail Blazers (38-35) have 10 games left and need four more victories to finish with a winning record.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Portland Trailblazers Red Sheen Wristlet