Australian league rookie of year Jawai signs with Raptors
The 21-year-old was selected in the second round, 41st overall, by the Indiana Pacers in last month's NBA draft. The Pacers traded his draft rights, along with Jermaine O'Neal, for point guard T.J. Ford, center Rasho Nesterovic, forward Maceo Baston and the draft rights to center Roy Hibbert.
The 6-10, 280-pounder earned rookie of the year honors last season in Australia's National Basketball League, where he averaged 17.7 points and 9.6 rebounds in 30 games for the Cairns Taipans.
He will play for the Raptors in the Las Vegas summer league, with the first game scheduled for Saturday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder handle Grizzlies to win at home
- Well off pace: Hawks hammer No. 1 Indiana
- Warriors sink Clippers for Game 1 road win
- Nets claim opener as D-Will has 24
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Toronto Raptors Cue Rack