Knicks rookie doubtful for remainder of Vegas summer league
The forward from Italy, the No. 6 overall pick, was hurt during the Knicks' opener, a 97-94 victory over Cleveland on Monday. He rebounded from a scoreless first half to finish with 14 points, shooting 5-for-7 after halftime.
Gallinari didn't dress for New York's game against San Antonio on Wednesday. An MRI revealed no significant findings, and he will rest and get treatments the rest of the week in Las Vegas before returning to Italy.
Forward Renaldo Balkman sprained his left ankle in Wednesday's game. X-rays were negative and he is listed as questionable for Friday.
The Knicks said they could sign point guard Anthony Roberson this week. The Knicks signed PG Chris Duhon earlier this month and haven't said yet if Stephon Marbury will return next season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Cousins powers Kings to win over Mavericks
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Griffin leads short-handed Clips by Sixers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony #7 Revolution 30 Swingman White Basketball Jersey