Knicks rookie doubtful for remainder of Vegas summer league
The forward from Italy, the No. 6 overall pick, was hurt during the Knicks' opener, a 97-94 victory over Cleveland on Monday. He rebounded from a scoreless first half to finish with 14 points, shooting 5-for-7 after halftime.
Gallinari didn't dress for New York's game against San Antonio on Wednesday. An MRI revealed no significant findings, and he will rest and get treatments the rest of the week in Las Vegas before returning to Italy.
Forward Renaldo Balkman sprained his left ankle in Wednesday's game. X-rays were negative and he is listed as questionable for Friday.
The Knicks said they could sign point guard Anthony Roberson this week. The Knicks signed PG Chris Duhon earlier this month and haven't said yet if Stephon Marbury will return next season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony #7 Game Time Royal T-Shirt