Hornets sign Marks to bolster frontcourt
"We are excited for Sean to join our team," said Hornets general manager Jeff Bower, who did not release terms of the contract, citing team policy. "He is a veteran leader who has been on winning teams and will be a great addition to our frontcourt."
The 6-foot-10, 250-pound Marks has been a role player throughout his career with Toronto, Miami, San Antonio and Phoenix, averaging 3.1 points and 1.9 rebounds in 9.1 minutes per game.
The former Cal-Berkeley standout also holds the distinction of being the first New Zealand native to play in the NBA.
Marks played in 19 games for the Suns during the 2007-08 season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Melo on free-agency options: 'I want to win'
- Cuban: Bucks' new owners got 'a bargain'
- Griffin on Thompson remarks: 'Isn't my thing'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New Orleans Pelicans Anthony Davis #23 Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey