Blazer center LaFrentz to have shoulder surgery
The surgery to repair a tear in the labrum of his right shoulder will be performed Sept. 26 at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic in Los Angeles.
A timetable for his return to the team will be determined after the surgery.
LaFrentz injured his shoulder during a game against Seattle on Feb. 22.
"I was hopeful that an offseason regiment of physical therapy and treatment would heal the injury, but unfortunately it's become clear now that I need to move forward with surgery," he said.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Kings rally late to claim summer-league title
- LeBron kicks off tour of China with pianist
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Portland Trail Blazers Black Replica Shorts