Redick can call Orlando home through 2009-10 season
The former Duke star has struggled to work his way into the backcourt rotation and last season asked for a trade. He was the first guard off the bench in the Magic's loss to Atlanta in the preseason opener Monday, scoring 12 points, and drew praise from coach Stan Van Gundy for his play in practices.
Redick, the team's first-round pick in 2006, originally signed a two-year deal with two one-year options. He's making $2.1 million this season.
Calls to Redick's agent, Arn Tellem, were not immediately returned.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil's Knicks deal to be done Friday
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Orlando Magic Black Sheen Tote