Telfair suspended for first three games following guilty plea
Telfair was sentenced last month to three years' probation. He was arrested in April 2007 when police found him carrying a loaded gun in his car while he was a member of the Boston Celtics.
The Celtics traded him to Minnesota in the deal for Kevin Garnett, and Telfair had a solid and incident-free first season in Minnesota. He signed a three-year, $7.5 million deal this summer to remain with the Timberwolves. He is the top backup to starter Randy Foye.
Telfair will miss home games against Sacramento and Dallas and a road game at Oklahoma City. His first game back will be Nov. 5 against San Antonio.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rose practices for Team USA, will play Fri.
- Team USA reserves get shot in rout of D.R.
- CEO of Maple Leafs, Raptors to step down
- Silver: Risks indeed high in international play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Men's Minnesota Timberwolves Kevin Love #42 Game Time Black T-shirt