Williams leaves game vs. Bulls in wheelchair with sprained left ankle
Williams had X-rays, which were negative, but the Jazz said he wouldn't return to the game.
Williams pulled up for a 3-pointer midway through the period. He made contact with Chicago guard Derrick Rose when elevating for the shot and fell to the floor. Rose was called for a foul on the play.
Williams was carried off the court by two teammates as he grimaced in pain. He then left the floor for the locker room in a wheelchair.
Williams, who was on the gold medal-winning U.S. Olympic team at the Beijing Olympics, has career averages of 15.3 points, 8.1 assists and 2.9 rebounds while appearing in a total of 242 of a possible 246 career games, including all 82 during the 2007-08 regular season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Report: NBA considering 7-day All-Star break
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams Swingman Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey