Cavaliers dancer injured during stunt for preseason game
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A member of the Cleveland Cavaliers' dance squad was taken off the court on a stretcher after landing on the side of his face while attempting a stunt during a preseason game against the Washington Wizards.
Following the injury Friday night, members of both teams gathered near the scorers table and bowed their heads. The crowd was silent.
The game was held up for more than 10 minutes as medical personnel attended to the injured performer before wheeling him off the court. He reported movement in all his extremities before leaving the arena.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Lakers rule Kobe out for remainder of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cleveland Cavaliers Center Hoop Navy T-Shirt