Injured ankle to keep Williams out of opener; infection sidelines Harpring
The Jazz announced Tuesday that Williams is still recovering and won't be ready to play against Denver in the opener. Utah hosts the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday and Williams is doubtful for that game.
Williams injured the ankle Oct. 18 in an exhibition game at Chicago and could miss two weeks.
Forward Matt Harpring will also miss the opener as he recovers from an infection he got after having ankle surgery this summer. He missed all of the preseason.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- For Bare Feet Utah Jazz Soft Sleep Socks