Pistons announce re-signing of forward Maxiell
The team did not announce terms of the contract. But a basketball official, speaking Thursday on condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been signed, told The Associated Press that the four-year contract extension is worth $20 million.
Detroit drafted Maxiell, 25, with the 26th overall pick in 2005.
The 6-foot-7, 260-pound forward is one of the Pistons' top reserves and likely will have a larger role in the years to come. He had career highs last season, averaging 7.9 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 82 games.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Westbrook, OKC get best of Beverley, Rockets
- Bynum's return gets Pacers back on track
- Sources: Nets to sign Collins for rest of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Detroit Pistons Royal Pullover Hoodie