LeBron replaces Kobe as youngest player to 11,000 points
James (23 years, 324 days) reached the plateau with a wide-open jump shot set up by a great crossover dribble late in the first quarter of the Cavaliers' game with the New Jersey Nets. He came into the game with 10,987 points.
Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers was 25 years, 99 days when he reached 11,000 points.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Raptors GM Ujiri shouts expletive at Nets
- Sources: Woodson 'bracing' for the worst
- Silver: Making NBA age limit 20 top priority
- 76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat LeBron James #6 Name and Number Burgundy T-Shirt