Report: Marbury's second refusal to play will lead to his departure
Marbury again declined to play Wednesday night against the Pistons, the second time he had done so in six days. The same source told the Daily News that Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni considered sending Marbury home that night.
The Knicks are down to two healthy guards -- Chris Duhon and Anthony Roberson -- after Nate Robinson missed Wednesday's game with a groin injury and Cuttino Mobley has not yet been cleared by team doctors.
Marbury is one of the league's highest paid players and is scheduled to make at $20.8 million this season.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Down 25, Pacers rally to beat Pistons in OT
- Sixers' 20th straight loss ties franchise mark
- Wizards' 4th-quarter rally stuns Nets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New York Knicks On-Court Shooter Orange Long Sleeve Shirt