McGrady out with knee soreness; Barry sits with muscle tear
HOUSTON -- Rockets star Tracy McGrady is expected to be out at least a week and his playing time will be restricted when he returns while he struggles with soreness in his left knee stemming from offseason surgery.
McGrady, who has missed the last three games, was evaluated by Dr. James Andrews on Monday. McGrady will continue a rehabilitation program to help alleviate the soreness in his knee.
The Rockets also will be without Brent Barry for a while as he recovers from a small muscle tear in his right leg. Barry has missed the last two games and will rest for two weeks before returning to practice.
Houston plays the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets Official 2013 Draft Day Red Adjustable Hat