Bobcats' Wallace leaves team
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace has left the team to attend funeral services for his father.
Wallace missed Tuesday's win against Chicago, but was expected to return for Friday's game at Memphis.
Wallace missed three games last week after his grandmother died. Just before returning to the team, he found out his father had passed away. Wallace played in two straight games, scoring 22 points in a loss to Detroit and having 11 points and 10 rebounds in Monday's loss to Atlanta.
After Jason Richardson was traded last week, Wallace became Charlotte's leading scorer at 15.4 points per game.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Griz remove interim tag from GM Wallace
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Charlotte Bobcats 24 oz Logo Tumbler