Jones placed on inactive list
Jones was obtained on Aug. 13 in a three-team trade that brought Luke Ridnour from Oklahoma City and sent Mo Williams to Cleveland. Jones was obtained from Cleveland due to salary purposes, but had never participated with the team by mutual agreement as the Bucks worked with his agent in an attempt to trade him.
When a deal never materialized, Jones reported to the team on Saturday night, and was inactive.
Jones, 32, a 10-year NBA veteran, has a $4.66 million contract that expires at the end of the season.
It is his second stint with the Bucks. He played in all 82 of their games during the 2003-04 season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Anthony confirms new contract with Knicks
- Sources: Deng joins Heat for 2 years, $20M
- Parsons to join Mavs as Rockets won't match
- Bosh: 'No bitter feelings' on LeBron leaving
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Milwaukee Bucks Team NBA Bracelet