Rockets' McGrady out 2 weeks
The team announced on Monday that the guard will concentrate on physical conditioning after last spring's knee surgery has limited his ability to practice and play in games.
"He has been fighting through this in order to help the team get past a difficult early season schedule," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "Coach Adelman and I felt that it was in his best interest to take these two weeks to get himself physically prepared for the second half of the season."
McGrady is averaging 15.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 5.0 assists this season but is shooting a career-low 38.8 percent from the floor. He has missed 11 games for a Rockets team that is 24-15 and only 1½ games out of first place in the Southwest Division.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Duncan, Parker, Ginobili take seat for Spurs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Houston Rockets Team Logo 16 oz Tumbler With Lid