Rockets' McGrady out 2 weeks
The team announced on Monday that the guard will concentrate on physical conditioning after last spring's knee surgery has limited his ability to practice and play in games.
"He has been fighting through this in order to help the team get past a difficult early season schedule," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "Coach Adelman and I felt that it was in his best interest to take these two weeks to get himself physically prepared for the second half of the season."
McGrady is averaging 15.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 5.0 assists this season but is shooting a career-low 38.8 percent from the floor. He has missed 11 games for a Rockets team that is 24-15 and only 1½ games out of first place in the Southwest Division.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA taps 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets Dwight Howard #12 Gametime Alternate Red T-Shirt