Brand most likely will play Saturday
Brand dislocated his right shoulder Dec. 17 and worked out on the court before Monday's game against Dallas. He was placed on the inactive list for the 16th consecutive game. Coach Tony DiLeo said Brand most likely will play Saturday against the New York Knicks.
The 76ers are 9-6 without Brand and have won a season-best seven straight games entering Monday. They were 11-14 when the 6-foot-8 forward was sidelined.
Brand signed an $80 million, five-year contract in the offseason. He is averaging 15.9 points and 9.8 rebounds in 23 games.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Philadelphia 76ers Softee Basketball Three-Ball Set