Sources: Tinsley may file grievance
Updated: February 3, 2009, 5:28 PM ETBy Chris Broussard | ESPN The Magazine
The National Basketball Players Association is preparing to file a grievance against the Indiana Pacers on behalf of banished point guard Jamaal Tinsley, according to sources. The grievance should be filed within the next week.The Pacers exiled Tinsley before training camp in October, telling him to stay away from the club until it traded him. Tinsley initially agreed without complaint, but with the Feb. 19 trade deadline nearing and no deal on the horizon, he is getting antsy. Tinsley, who will turn 31 on Feb. 28, has two years and $14.7 million left on his contract and is concerned about his "state of limbo" dragging into future seasons.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Pacers Paul George #24 Gold Player T-Shirt