Viral infection shelves Johnson vs. Cats
Johnson, averaging 21.5 points and selected to the All-Star Game for the third straight season, did not travel to Minnesota for Wednesday's victory and was not well enough to rejoin the team in Charlotte.
Coach Mike Woodson said he was holding out hope that Johnson will be healthy enough to play Saturday against the Los Angeles Clippers.
"He's feeling better, but we won't know his status until we get back [to Atlanta]," Woodson said. "He doesn't miss too many games, so he had to be pretty sick."
Maurice Evans got his second straight start in Johnson's place against the Bobcats.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
- Paul: Sitting out possible if Sterling remains
- Cavs still out front in Love talks, sources say
- Harden's 'cornerstones' belief miffs Parsons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Joe Johnson #7 Gametime Black T-Shirt