Mavs' Terry out after hand surgery
The team said there is no timetable for when Terry might return.
Terry, the team's second leading scorer, left the Mavericks' game against the Chicago Bulls at halftime Saturday night after X-rays showed the break. He told the team he didn't know when it occurred.
The team said Dr. Scott Oishi and Dr. T.O. Souryal at Texas Sports Medicine performed the surgery to stabilize the fourth metacarpal fracture.
Terry is averaging 19.9 points and 3.7 assists in 50 games this season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Jason Terry Replica Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey