Rivers: Garnett is still day to day
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Friday that Garnett reported feeling "great" after running on a treadmill Thursday for the first time since hurting the knee Feb. 19 at Utah.
Rivers said Garnett is still day to day.
Garnett strained the posterior muscle of the knee while going up for an alley-oop late in the first half of a 90-85 loss to the Utah Jazz.
The Celtics are 4-2 without Garnett and host the Eastern Conference-leading Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight
- Allen gets hot late, leads Heat over Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett #2 Gametime Black T-Shirt