Brand, out for season, starts rehab
Brand is out for the season and had surgery four weeks ago to repair the torn labrum in his right shoulder. Brand could start shooting and dribbling in about two months, and needs an additional three months to return to full strength.
Dr. Craig Morgan, Brand's surgeon, said the former All-Star forward was on track for a successful rehabilitation.
"He's in great spirits," Morgan said. "Elton's mentality with all his injuries is really quite positive. He's happy he doesn't have any pain. He was dying to get out of the sling."
Brand averaged 13.8 points and 8.8 rebounds in only 29 games for the Sixers in the first season of a five-year, $80 million contract.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rose late scratch for Team USA's exhibition
- Team USA reserves get shot in rout of D.R.
- Silver: Risks indeed high in international play
- Sources: Durant offer by UA at least $265M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Philadelphia 76ers Softee Basketball Three-ball Set