Oden set to return to Blazers
INDIANAPOLIS -- Greg Oden will finally play in his hometown as a pro.
The 7-foot center is set to return to the Portland Trail Blazers' lineup Wednesday against the Indiana Pacers after sitting out for more than a month with a bone chip in his left knee, coach Nate McMillan said.
The top pick in the 2007 draft and former Lawrence North High School star sat out last season after microfracture surgery on his right knee, so he missed the Trail Blazers' visit to Indiana last season.
Oden was hurt in a collision during a game at Golden State before the All-Star break. McMillan said he expects the former Ohio State star to play 15 to 20 minutes.
Oden is averaging 9.0 and 7.2 rebounds in 46 games this season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fan Mats Portland Trail Blazers Court Runner