Hamilton sidelined with groin injury
HOUSTON -- Richard Hamilton sat out Detroit's game against Houston on Wednesday night, the second straight game he has missed to rest his strained left groin.
The Pistons were already playing without Allen Iverson (back) and Rasheed Wallace (strained left calf). The 6-foot-7 Hamilton has been bothered by the groin injury all season and sat out for the 10th time on Wednesday.
"The more rest I get, the better," Hamilton said. "I never got the opportunity to rest, other than the All-Star break. I got a couple of days off and I was starting to feel pretty good, but then I had to play. That was that."
Iverson missed his 11th straight game. Detroit coach Michael Curry said Iverson would have tests on his sore back Thursday and Friday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Detroit Pistons Basic Royal Flex Hat