Lee (knee) misses first game of season
The Knicks did get back leading scorer Al Harrington, who missed the team's 121-94 loss Friday at home against the Sacramento Kings with a sore left Achilles'. Lee said he should be able to play again when the team returns to New York to face the Magic again Monday.
"I probably shouldn't have played last night," Lee said. "I'm not very good at sitting out. I thought my knees would have, specifically my right knee, would have loosened up. It's obviously just overused."
Lee said the tendinitis is in both knees but a little more painful in his right one, which had a brace on it during the loss to the Kings. Lee, who remained on the active roster against the Magic, is averaging 16.1 points and 11.1 rebounds this season.
"I only missed one game last year," Lee said. "And I plan on making this the only one I miss this year."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Melo on free-agency options: 'I want to win'
- Griffin supports medical marijuana in NBA
- Kobe takes next starring role in documentary
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Golden State Warriors David Lee # 10 Revolution 30 Replica Blue Basketball Jersey