Cavs' Varejao out with wrist injury
CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers starting forward Anderson Varejao missed Sunday's 101-81 victory over San Antonio with a bruised right wrist.
Rookie Darnell Jackson made his first career start in place of Varejao, who is averaging 8.7 points and 7.1 rebounds and had played in all 76 games this season.
The Cavs had no information on when the perpetually hustling Varejao hurt his wrist.
He scored seven points with four rebounds in Cleveland's loss at Orlando on Friday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cleveland Cavaliers climalite Primary Logo Burgundy T-Shirt