Mavs' Kidd No. 3 on NBA assist list
With his 14th assist in Dallas' 140-116 win on Sunday, Kidd hit 10,142 for his career. The milestone came on a dish to Josh Howard for an 18-footer with a minute left in the second quarter of a game against Phoenix.
He received a standing ovation when it was announced. Among those on their feet: broadcaster Mark Jackson, who is No. 2 on the list with 10,334. Kidd completed the first half with 16 assists, and finished the game with 20 -- setting his season-best for a full game.
Kidd also set Mavs records for first-half assists (16) and assists in a regulation game.
John Stockton is the record-holder with 15,806.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: LeBron, Heat meet; no decision yet
- Anthony's agent: He 'hasn't made a decision'
- Parsons, Mavs agree to deal, sources say
- Popovich, Spurs reach multiyear extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Dallas Mavericks Chosen Royal Shorts