Ex-lottery pick Sene joins Knicks
Sene was taken by the Seattle SuperSonics with the 10th pick in the 2006 draft and played in 46 NBA games before Oklahoma City waived him on Feb. 19.
The 7-footer from Senegal has averaged 10.0 points, 10.4 rebounds and 3.7 blocks this season for Albuquerque of the NBA Development League.
He was the D-League co-defensive player of the year last season.
The Knicks, who are last in the NBA with 2.5 blocks per game, didn't disclose terms of Thursday's deal. Coach Mike D'Antoni noted before Wednesday's 113-86 loss to Detroit that there are opposing players with more blocked shots this season than his entire team.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Anthony confirms new contract with Knicks
- Sources: Deng joins Heat for 2 years, $20M
- Parsons to join Mavs as Rockets won't match
- Bosh: 'No bitter feelings' on LeBron leaving
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth New York Knicks Cross-Body Royal Sheen Purse