Blazers' Webster to miss playoffs
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Trail Blazers forward Martell Webster will miss the playoffs because of a lingering foot fracture that has kept him out for most of this season.
Webster had surgery to repair the stress fracture in his left foot in the preseason. He appeared briefly in one game in December but aggravated the injury.
Webster had spoken positively in recent weeks about returning in the postseason.
"Throughout the course of rehab I worked my tail off to get back out there and to come up short is disappointing," he said.
Webster, in his fourth season, has averaged 8.1 points and three rebounds. He had been projected as a starter for Portland this season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- George's season in doubt after leg fracture
- Wade on LeBron's exit from Heat: I could tell
- Rose: On same page with Reinsdorf, Bulls
- Parker signs multiyear extension with Spurs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Men's Portland Trail Blazers Swingman Red Shorts