Garnett likely to play vs. Wizards
Rivers said Saturday before practice that he won't let Garnett play in back-to-back games after missing 20 out of 24 games with a strained right knee.
Rivers said he doesn't expect a minutes limitation on Garnett, who will practice on Monday and not Tuesday. The Celtics star hasn't played since March 25.
The Celtics play the East-leading Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday in a matchup of the top two teams in the conference.
The Celtics then face the 76ers Tuesday in Philadelphia before closing out Wednesday against Washington at TD Banknorth Garden.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Sources: Agents protesting NBPA head vote
- Sources: Wolves eye PF Young if Love dealt
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey