Man who robbed Walker gets 21 years
CHICAGO -- A 30-year-old man has been sentenced to 21 years in prison for robbing NBA star Antoine Walker at gunpoint at his Chicago home.
Antoine Larkins pleaded guilty Tuesday to home invasion charges. He and three others were initially charged with armed robbery, aggravated kidnapping and home invasion.
Authorities said Walker was pulling into his garage on July 9, 2007, when several armed men ambushed him, forced him and an assistant inside his home and took a car, cash and jewelry.
One suspect, 24-year-old Gregory Reedfields, has been sentenced to four years in prison.
The other two, 30-year-old Phillip Allison and 27-year-old Demorris Hill, are also accused of robbing the home of Knicks player Eddy Curry in 2007. Their cases are pending.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- D'Antoni on Gasol complaints: 'Play harder'
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Rodman returning to North Korea as coach
- Bulls make it official, sign guard Augustin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth New York Knicks Royal Sheen Tote