A judge arraigned 37-year-old Cristal Taylor in the Jefferson County Jail in Beaumont on a theft of services charge Thursday -- one day after her transfer from Dallas County.
Taylor's charged under a 2006 indictment with theft for allegedly failing to pay for dental services ranging from $1,500 to $20,000.
Her arrest May 6 also was for a probation violation in Missouri. A prosecutor there says Taylor pleaded guilty in 1999 to two counts of forgery and two counts of felony stealing.
Bond is set at $50,000 on the theft of services charge. But she is being held without bond for the probation violation from Missouri.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- LeBron ditches mask without medical clearance
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Dallas Mavericks Dirk Nowitzki #41 Revolution 30 Replica White Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index