Howard to have second opinion in N.Y.
DALLAS -- Mavericks forward Josh Howard will be in New York next week for a second opinion on his left ankle.
Howard missed 22 games this season because of the ankle. He returned in late March and played through pain, but was a big part of Dallas' run to the No. 6 seed in the Western Conference and first-round playoff win against San Antonio.
Howard has been told he needs arthroscopic surgery "to clean out all the junk." Just to make sure, he's getting examined by another foot and ankle specialist.
The Mavs' season ended Wednesday night, when they were eliminated by Denver in five games.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Wall's ref rant after Wizards' loss costs $15K
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Dallas Mavericks On-Court Shooter Blue Long Sleeve Shirt