Fisher gets restraining order extended

Updated: May 18, 2009, 3:55 PM ET
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Derek Fisher has won an extended restraining order against a woman he says stalked and harassed him.

A Los Angeles judge on Monday granted a three-year extension of an order issued last month against Symone Fisher. The 40-year-old woman is barred from contact with Fisher or his family until May 2012.

In court papers, Derek Fisher claimed the woman -- who legally changed her last name to Fisher -- began harassing him in 2001 by sending letters and e-mails suggesting they were married. More recently, he says she showed up near his home.

Neither Fisher nor the woman appeared in court.


Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

ALSO SEE