Mavs' Howard has ankle, wrist surgery
DALLAS -- Mavericks forward Josh Howard underwent successful arthroscopic surgery to his left wrist and left ankle in New York.
Howard, referring to the ankle, said last week that doctors were "just going in there to clean out all the junk."
Howard missed 22 games this season because of the ankle but returned in late March and helped the Mavericks to a first-round playoff win against San Antonio. The Mavs were eliminated in five games by Denver. He averaged 15.8 points during the playoffs.
The team expects Howard back in Dallas this weekend to begin rehabilitation. His surgery was Thursday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Kings rally late to claim summer-league title
- LeBron kicks off tour of China with pianist
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Dallas Mavericks Stack Grey Tri-Blend T-Shirt