Knicks lock in first-round pick Hill
NEW YORK -- First-round draft pick Jordan Hill has signed with the New York Knicks.
The Knicks announced Saturday that they had signed the forward from Arizona. Hill was the eighth overall pick in the draft.
He would earn about $4.3 million over two years under the rookie salary scale.
The 6-foot-10, 235-pound Hill averaged 18.3 points and 11.0 rebounds in his junior year with the Wildcats. He is expected to play for the Knicks' summer league team in Las Vegas starting Tuesday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Lakers rule Kobe out for remainder of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NBA Free Agency 2009
LEE, ROBINSON RETURN TO KNICKS
ODOM RETURNS TO LAKERS
SESSIONS TO WOLVES
MILLER TO BLAZERS
UTAH MATCHES FOR MILLSAP
ORLANDO MATCHES FOR GORTAT
MARION TRADED TO MAVS
WALLACE TO CELTICS
KIDD RETURNS TO MAVS
TURKOGLU TO RAPTORS
ARTEST TO LAKERS
VILLANUEVA, GORDON TO PISTONS
BIBBY RETURNS TO HAWKS
McDYESS TO SPURS
GOODEN TO MAVERICKS
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony #7 Orange Game Time T-Shirt