Walker owes $822K in Vegas
LAS VEGAS -- A warrant has been issued for the arrest of former NBA star Antoine Walker on criminal charges stemming from $822,500 in gambling debts.
A court clerk says Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melanie Tobiasson signed the warrant Tuesday.
Walker is accused of three felony counts of writing bad checks. County prosecutors say he failed to make good on 10 checks totaling $1 million written to Caesars Palace, Planet Hollywood and the Red Rock Resort.
Walker's lawyer in Las Vegas, Jonathan Powell, didn't immediately respond Tuesday to messages.
Prosecutor Bernie Zadrowski told the Las Vegas Sun that Walker has repaid $178,000 of the debts incurred last July to January.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.