Williams: Back, wrist injuries healed
ATLANTA -- Marvin Williams says he is fully recovered from injuries that limited him in the playoffs, and the Atlanta Hawks' newly re-signed forward says he's already looking forward to training camp.
Williams says he is "100 percent" recovered from back and wrist injuries. Training camp opens Sept. 29.
Williams, who was a restricted free agent, signed a five-year, $37.5 million deal with the Hawks last week. He held a teleconference on Tuesday to discuss the deal.
He said he didn't want to leave the Hawks because "we started something special here."
Williams averaged 13.9 points in the regular season but, slowed by the sprained right wrist, only 5 points per game in the playoffs.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Kobe-less Lakers push past Love, Wolves
- D'Antoni: Lakers can make playoffs, need luck
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Atlanta Hawks CLIMALITE Red Performance Polo