Cheeks, Kalamian take Thunder jobs
Maurice Cheeks and Rex Kalamian have been added as assistant coaches by the Oklahoma City Thunder, the team said Friday.
"We are thrilled to add Maurice and Rex to our coaching staff," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "They bring a wealth of NBA experience and solid work ethic that will help our players continued development."
Cheeks was head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers for 2005-08. He had a 284-286 (.498) record as a head coach with Philadelphia and Portland.
Kalamian was an assistant coach with the Sacramento Kings from 2007-09. Prior to joining the Kings, Kalamian was also an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Clippers.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett, Johnson out Friday vs. 76ers
- Grizzlies' Pondexter undergoes foot surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Oklahoma City Thunder CLIMAWARM 3-Stripe Blue Pullover Hoodie