Cheeks, Kalamian take Thunder jobs
Maurice Cheeks and Rex Kalamian have been added as assistant coaches by the Oklahoma City Thunder, the team said Friday.
"We are thrilled to add Maurice and Rex to our coaching staff," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "They bring a wealth of NBA experience and solid work ethic that will help our players continued development."
Cheeks was head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers for 2005-08. He had a 284-286 (.498) record as a head coach with Philadelphia and Portland.
Kalamian was an assistant coach with the Sacramento Kings from 2007-09. Prior to joining the Kings, Kalamian was also an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Clippers.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.