X-rays negative on Spurs' Jefferson
SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs forward Richard Jefferson could miss the start of training camp after dislocating his right thumb.
Jefferson was injured Tuesday while working out at the Spurs' practice facility. X-rays were negative, and the 29-year-old swingman is expected to be re-examined next week.
The Spurs called the injury minor. Training camp begins Sept. 29.
Jefferson was the marquee addition in a busy offseason for San Antonio, coming to the Spurs in a four-player deal with Milwaukee. He has not missed a game the past two seasons.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Suns president expects PG Bledsoe to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's San Antonio Spurs 'Go Spurs Go' Black T-Shirt