Harpring unsure if he'll play again
SALT LAKE CITY -- Veteran forward Matt Harpring will not take part in the team's training camp or preseason and will miss the start of the regular NBA season.
Harpring has been plagued by knee injuries and an ankle problem. Last year he developed a staph infection after a June surgery to remove a bone spur in his right ankle.
Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor made the announcement Wednesday that Harpring can't play and his status will be re-evaluated in six weeks.
Harpring, who averaged 4.4 points and 2 rebounds last season, has said he's unsure whether he'll be able to play again.
Harpring has appeared in 665 games over 11 seasons with Orlando, Cleveland, Philadelphia and Utah. He was signed by the Jazz in 2002.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Pacers get Granger back, but Rockets lose Lin
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett, Johnson out Friday vs. 76ers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- GameWear Utah Jazz Team NBA Bracelet