Harpring unsure if he'll play again
SALT LAKE CITY -- Veteran forward Matt Harpring will not take part in the team's training camp or preseason and will miss the start of the regular NBA season.
Harpring has been plagued by knee injuries and an ankle problem. Last year he developed a staph infection after a June surgery to remove a bone spur in his right ankle.
Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor made the announcement Wednesday that Harpring can't play and his status will be re-evaluated in six weeks.
Harpring, who averaged 4.4 points and 2 rebounds last season, has said he's unsure whether he'll be able to play again.
Harpring has appeared in 665 games over 11 seasons with Orlando, Cleveland, Philadelphia and Utah. He was signed by the Jazz in 2002.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo ahead of matchup vs. Bulls: No what-ifs
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bulls' Noah says he'll return to face Knicks
- Spurs to be without Parker, Leonard vs. Griz
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.