Cop busted for tipping off drug raid
PHILADELPHIA -- A former Philadelphia police officer has been found guilty of obstruction and lying to authorities for alerting former NBA player Jerome "Pooh" Richardson to an imminent drug raid.
A jury on Thursday convicted Rickie Durham of warning Richardson about the August 2005 raid in a 3 a.m. phone call.
Richardson called a half-sister and told her to leave the New Jersey house she shared with drug kingpin Alton Coles. The couple was arrested hours later.
The federal jury split its verdict, acquitting Durham of three of six counts.
Richardson testified reluctantly Monday against his childhood friend. He was given immunity.
The 42-year-old Durham belonged to a drug task force and called Richardson on an FBI-issued phone.
Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 6.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.