Shaq agrees with NBA Twitter rule
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Shaquille O'Neal agrees with the NBA's Twitter rule.
The Cleveland Cavaliers center, one of the league's Twitter enthusiasts, said Thursday he likes commissioner David Stern's new rule that bans NBA players from using Twitter during games.
"I think that rule was applied to those who use it irresponsibly, but I don't really tweet during games anyway," O'Neal said. "There were a lot of uncalled-for situations this summer, guys doing things that really aren't good for themselves or the NBA brand. I think that rule was more suited toward them. I've always done things above board."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron misses shootaround; iffy vs. Pacers
- Knicks' Chandler will return, start vs. Bucks
- Harden expects to play despite ankle sprain
- He got name: Allen going with Shuttlesworth
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers Authentic On-Court Burgundy Snapback Hat