Garcia to have surgery on Saturday
The Kings said Garcia was injured on Friday and will have the surgery on Saturday. They provided no timeline for when he might return.
Last month, Garcia fractured his right ring finger.
The fifth-year player averaged 12.7 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 65 games, 36 starts, for Sacramento last season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Sacramento Kings Primary Logo Purple T-Shirt