Garcia (wrist) out at least 4 months
Garcia had surgery Saturday at UC Davis Medical Center to repair a broken bone in his right forearm and ligament damage to his wrist. The team says he will be in a cast for eight weeks and will miss at least four months.
Garcia was injured lifting weights on Friday.
The fifth-year player averaged 12.7 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 65 games, 36 starts, for Sacramento last season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Knicks fire Woodson, entire coaching staff
- Source: Wolves coach Adelman will retire
- Aldridge's 46 lead Blazers by Rockets in OT
- Heat use late charge, top Bobcats in Game 1
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Sacramento Kings DeMarcus Cousins #15 Swingman Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey