Magic, Van Gundy fined $35,000
NEW YORK -- The Orlando Magic and coach Stan Van Gundy have been fined $35,000 each for his criticism of referees earlier in the week.
The fines were announced Friday, a day after Van Gundy's comments about the replacement officials were published.
Van Gundy became the third coach in three days to be fined. The Charlotte Bobcats and coach Larry Brown were each fined $60,000 on Wednesday for Brown's verbal abuse of officials and refusal to leave the court in timely manner after he was ejected during a preseason game, and his subsequent postgame criticism.
Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins was also penalized $25,000 on Wednesday for his critical comments.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- He got name: Allen going with Shuttlesworth
- Rodman in N. Korea to see Kim, prep game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Rawlings Orlando Magic Game On Polycarbonate Hoop Set