Magic, Van Gundy fined $35,000
NEW YORK -- The Orlando Magic and coach Stan Van Gundy have been fined $35,000 each for his criticism of referees earlier in the week.
The fines were announced Friday, a day after Van Gundy's comments about the replacement officials were published.
Van Gundy became the third coach in three days to be fined. The Charlotte Bobcats and coach Larry Brown were each fined $60,000 on Wednesday for Brown's verbal abuse of officials and refusal to leave the court in timely manner after he was ejected during a preseason game, and his subsequent postgame criticism.
Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins was also penalized $25,000 on Wednesday for his critical comments.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Curry rallies Warriors to win over Thunder
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- KD's Night Cut Short In Loss
- KD hurts ankle