Police: Thief nets $22K in goods, cash
LOS ANGELES -- Police say $22,000 in cash and valuables were stolen from a visiting Israeli basketball team during an exhibition game with the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center.
Lt. Albert Gavin says somebody apparently got into the locker room Tuesday and stole watches, jewelry and $15,000 in cash from 10 members of Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv.
Gavin says the team noticed the theft during halftime of Maccabi's 108-96 loss.
Gavin says police weren't notified of the theft until after the game and weren't able to get statements from the victims.
Investigators hope to identify a suspect from the arena's security video.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clippers roll by Nuggets for record 57th win
- Griffin, Redick won't travel for Clippers' finale
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Mitchell & Ness Men's Los Angeles Clippers Two-Tone Logo Hat