Sprained left ankle sidelines Carter
Carter was first injured Friday against the New Jersey Nets. Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said Carter aggravated the ankle again Tuesday night against the Detroit Pistons. Carter's status is day to day.
The 32-year-old guard was Orlando's biggest acquisition this summer. The Magic acquired Carter from New Jersey in a trade that sent Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston and Tony Battie to the Nets. Orlando also received Ryan Anderson.
Meanwhile, small forward Mickael Pietrus returned to the Magic's lineup Wednesday after missing two straight games with flu-like symptoms.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Suns end Raptors' home winning streak at 4
- Woodson: Don't feel need to audition for job
- OKC to sit Westbrook in some back-to-backs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Orlando Magic Primary Logo Blue T-Shirt